Importance of Tides
The importance and significance of tides are mentioned below:
1) The tide clean out the refuse materials and wastes from the mouth of the river.
2) It promotes navigability in rivers.
3) Due to natural flushing activity the width and depth of the river are maintained. The ship can easily move through the river.
4) Somewhere tide also provides potential sources for generating electricity.
5) The tides make river salty and they keep the water in motion. So that the water does not freeze easily.
6) Tides devastating during oceanic cyclone.
7) Tide creates saltwater which are not fit for drinking water.