Importance of Guidance
What is guidance? Giving guidance means giving someone else advice and support in a particular area of their life.
Types of guidance: There can be said to be three main types of guidance. Educational guidance is where a teacher or other education professional guides students’ learning.
Personal guidance can come from anyone but often comes from friends and family members; it involves them giving us guidance about our decisions in our personal life, such as marriage and friendships.
Vocational guidance happens in the workplace or with a careers advisor.
Importance of guidance.
- Feeling supported: getting guidance helps us to feel supported rather than alone as we make decisions.
- Staying informed: others’ guidance helps us to make well informed decisions.
- Thinking of the future: others’ guidance can be a catalyst for enabling us to think about the future consequences of our actions.
- Making the best plan: guidance enables us to make better plans for our projects.
- Giving something back: giving guidance to others enables us to help them in their turn.
We can all give each other a little help and guidance where it is needed.